Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dear Christmas...


Dear Christmas 2009,


Thank you for coming to a close quickly this year. I don’t believe my pockets would have allowed me to reach any deeper. I have come to the conclusion that while you are very much respected by all, since you do represent an important birthday, you have become quite pricey over the years. It seems the more that I make, the more expensive you become. I am not scientifically sure if that is a direct correlation, but my bank accounts have told me it is.

Although you are drying out my account, you couldn’t come at a better time of the year, before New Year Resolutions. Now I can make new ones that include not eating out as much, not spending money on things I don’t need, not purchasing overpriced goodies, and if I do eat out, making sure it is only a 2 star restaurant and nothing more. Hopefully all the expensive items that I purchased in the last month will last for the first 6 months of 2010.


You were very good to me this year, and I can’t say thank you enough for keeping everyone I know safe and sound from any harm. You even had Santa Claus come to my house, and that must mean the older I get, the nicer I become. Ok scratch that last sentence, since I need to work on that. I think you just had a soft spot in your heart for me this year, knowing that I have been working so hard at getting my life straight and learning to be independent again. I don’t think I was naughty, but I have definitely been more selfish this year (and unfortunately that’s not going to change…to a point). Only to reiterate though, thank you again for the wonderful time spent with loved ones (including Jenn and Wil's rockin' Christmas party), to keeping everyone healthy, and actually making our Christmas work party fun! Who knew Roulette and Blackjack could be fun without real money. Well real money would have meant that I lost it all….wow, you are smart!


So as we part ways, I am not sad to see you go. You brought much delight and many smiles and I know that you will be back in 363 days, to be exact. Next year I will be in a new city with new adventures, and it will be nice to have a familiar feeling and holiday pleasantry lurking around. Tell him Happy Birthday again for me and to have a glass of wine. He can even put it on my bill.

Love always,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment